Kingston’s A400 480GB solid-state drive dramatically improves the responsiveness of your existing system with incredible boot, loading and transfer times compared to mechanical hard drives. Powered by a latest-gen controller for read and write speeds of up to 500MB/s and 450MB/s, this SSD is 10x faster than a traditional hard drive for higher performance, ultra-responsive multi-tasking and an overall faster system. Also more reliable and durable than a hard drive, A400 480GB is available in multiple drive form factors and capacities from 120GB–960GB.
- Fast start-up, loading and file transfers
- More reliable and durable than a hard drive
- Multiple capacities with space for applications or a hard drive replacement
Hard drive replacement
Solid-state drives are the next evolution of PC storage and run faster, quieter and cooler than the aging technology inside hard drives. With no moving parts, SSDs are also more durable and more reliable than hard drives.
For desktops and notebooks
Kingston solid-state drives will make your system more responsive so it boots quicker, loads applications faster and shuts down faster. They’re available in upgrade kits that include software to clone your files and OS in minutes.
Revive older systems
Solid-state drives will not only increase performance but can also be used to breathe new life into older systems. Choosing an SSD can save you the cost of buying a new PC by reviving the system you already own.
The small print
- This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads and is not intended for Server environments.
- 1. Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev. 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
- 2. Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash Memory Guide.
- 3. Limited warranty based on 3 years or SSD “Life Remaining” which can be found using the Kingston SSD Manager. A new, unused product will show a wear indicator value of one hundred (100), whereas a product that has reached its endurance limit of program erase cycles will show a wear indicator value of one (1). See kingston.com/wa for details.
- 4. Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Workload (JESD219A)