AMD Ryzen 8000G Series
AMD have been pushing the envelope of efficient performance in the CPU arena since early 2017! and they continue to do so with the newest iteration, the AMD Ryzen 8000G series.
AMD Ryzen 8000G series processors start with the Ryzen 3 8300G and currently top out with the Ryzen 7 8700G. We're sure the Ryzen 9 option will be added to the list in the future.
This APU comes with up to eight Zen 4 cores and 16 threads. Users can expect immense power and dominant performance for intensive workloads. The 8000G series processors are built on top of the AMD "Zen 4" architecture, enabling leadership energy efficiency while leveraging incredible speed. Up to 5.1 GHz boost clock, 24MB of Cache, socket AM5 compatibility and a 65W TDP strike a perfect balance of power and efficiency.
All processors in this series offer the fastest built-in graphics in its class with the impressive power of Radeon 700M. Gamers will benefit from impressive visual fidelity, providing a smooth AAA 1080p gaming experience at an affordable price point, and in small form factors. The Ryzen 7 8700G features Radeon 780M graphics, the fastest built-in graphics available on a desktop processor.
The entire 8000G Series also features AMD EXPO technology, enabling higher memory frequencies and advanced timings to unlock smoother frame rates. Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO) allows one-touch overclocking, giving users an extra CPU boost with increased power limits.
The 8000G series brings the Ryzen AI NPU to the desktop market. Designed to provide accelerated multitasking, increased productivity and advanced collaboration.
THE FUTURE OF AI
- AI-Driven Analytics. Ryzen AI will be able to run advanced modelling and analytics, accelerating individual decision-making while helping to strengthen privacy.
- AI-Informed Personal Assistant. Ryzen AI, designed to learn from interactions and adapt over time will be able to offer customised help with presentations, emails and manage calendars.
- AI-Augmented Content Creation. Ryzen AI will offer advantages and opportunities for creative professionals running complex simulations and workloads without added processing power.
- AI-Enhanced Collaboration. Ryzen AI already offers engaging experiences like auto framing eye gaze correction and enhanced background blurs in video conferencing applications like Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Google Meet.
UPGRADABLE FOR YEARS TO COME
AMD released the AM4 platform in 2016 designed to replace the socket AM3+, FM2+ and FS1b as a single platform. With 1331 pin slots it was the first from AMD to support DDR4 memory aswell as achieve unified compatibility between high-end CPUs and lower-end APUs. AMD committed to use the AM4 platform with socket 1331 until 2020. AM4 chipset started with A320, B350 and X370, which was supported to X470. In addition to continuing support for the AM4 platform, AMD continues to look to the future with the AM5 platform.
WHAT'S NEW WITH THE AM5?
- Native support for up to 170W. Meaning more power to do more, play more and create more.
- PCIe 5.0 support. AMD has introduced PCIe 5.0, delivering 24 lanes from the processor socket - the most available on any platform in the industry.
- Up to 14 SuperSpeed USB connections, including support for 20Gbps and Type-C connection. AM5 launches a wealth of new I/O possibilities ensuring bandwidth-hungry devices don't slow down customer experiences.
- Next-gen Wi-Fi connectivity, with 6E. Building on WI-Fi 6, 6E delivers even faster speeds and lower latency.
- Support for existing AM4 cooling solutions. While the move to a new platform means upgrades in several places, AMD continues support for AM4 cooling solutions. Making the move to AM5 a seamless transition for budget-focused customers.
Your PC platform can be an investment or a liability. Invest in a platform that grows with your needs over time. AMD is the only processor manufacturer that has committed to years of future support for the cutting-edge Socket AM5 platform. Providing upgradability to new processors that haven't been announced yet. If your PC needs the latest and greatest capabilities now and in the future, insist on AMD Ryzen processors.